I’ve been taking Ginkgo Biloba as one of my daily supplements for nearly six years now and it has been beneficial for me. When i first begun to take the supplement i used the “Solgar” brand, which was a very good product.
After a while of taking it, though, i noticed on the label that there was a great drop in some of the contents.
Originally, the amount per capsule that i was intaking was 60mg of Ginkgo Biloba Extract ( standardized from the leaf ) and 375mg of Raw Ginkgo Biloba Powder ( also from the leaf ).
Then i noticed the raw powder was reduced to only 30mg. And even though the raw Ginkgo Biloba Powder is much less significant in affect ( compared to the standardized Ginkgo Biloba Extract ) regardless of mg, i still phoned the “Solgar” company to find out what was going on.
A particular person there at the company told me that there were numerous calls from others who were using the product and who had also noticed the drop in mg.
I was asked my telephone number as a general inquiry and told that i would be notified once a reason was determined. No one ever got back to me. So i just changed my brand.
I have been using “Ginkoba” for nearly three years now and it is just as great-if not better!
Ginkgo Biloba is an herb. It’s main benefit is to improve brain function by aiding the increase of “oxygen-rich” blood flow to the brain. It is also known as the “smart pill”.
Ginkgo Biloba is just not limited to the one main area that I’ve mentioned. More than 300 studies have shown over the past 30 years that not only does Ginkgo Biloba help improve mental functioning but has other benefits as well.
1. Ginkgo works by increasing blood flow to the brain and throughout the body’s network of blood vessels that supply blood and oxygen to organ systems.
2. It increases metabolism efficiency, regulates neurotransmitters, and boosts oxygen levels in the brain which uses 20% of the body’s oxygen.
3. Ginkgo also helps control the transformation of cholesterol to plaque associated with the hardening of arteries, and can relax constricted blood vessels.
4. The benefits of enhanced circulation in the brain include improved short and long term memory, increased reaction time and improved mental clarity.
5. Ginkgo has also been shown to be a supportive herb for treating infertility in males and impotence.
6. Ginkgo Biloba helps prevent damage to the organs from free radicals, and also blocks the platelet activating factor which causes some skin disorders such as psoriasis.
7. Ginkgo Biloba’s beneficial effects on the circulatory system also helps in the treatment of eye and ear disorders.
Gingko Biloba is a very good supplement unfortunately the company of SOLGAR was purchased by a Big Pharmaceutical Company a couple of years ago which would explain the considerable drop in the quality. I would go in another direction like GOTU KOLA which is Nerve Regenerative and Restorative Herb and a Nervine Herb meaning it’s calming.Gingko is an excellent herb but NOT when You are on Beta Blockers,ACE Inhibitors,or Statin drugs because they all thin blood and compete. Oh yeah that includes Coumadin AKA Warfarin this is the Most POTENT bloodthinner offered by Big Pharma so take that with Gingko and they will be fighting for the last seat on the Same Bus. Ecclectic Institute makes a NICE Gingko Biloba/Gotu Kola combination that has no fillers and binders in there like Magnesium Sterate or Stearic acid because these surpress the immune system. Taking Gingko with Vitamin E is also a bad idea too blood thinning if taken at all they should be taken at least 4-6 Hours apart. I hope this is helpful.
Thank you so much for your input. Personally, I been stopped taking Ginko Biloba a very long time ago. I’ve found something much greater that agrees with me and my body, however, I will leave your comment for those who it may be helpful towards.
I think You’re Wonderful By The Way For Having This Format.